Progressive Chevrolet is open for business
To our valued customers,
As your trusted Chevrolet dealer, your safety is our top priority.
After taking time to invest in our health and safety policies, we are proud to announce our service operations (mechanical, parts and body repair) departments will re-open on Thursday, April 2. The Sales and Leasing Departments will re-open Monday, April 6.
In accordance with recommendations from the governor and local health officials, we have prepared our staff and facilities to continue operations in the safest, healthiest ways possible. With that in mind, we have taken several safety precautions in each of our departments to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Employees will have their temperatures taken daily with laser thermometers before each shift
- Each employee will receive a daily sticker verifying their temperature meets the CDC requirements to be at work
- Dealership and vehicle areas will be cleaned with portable ultraviolet sanitizers that kill viruses
- High-touch surfaces such as counters, doors and interactive screens will be disinfected hourly or after each use
- We will clean and disinfect all work spaces, including computer keyboards, printers, fax machines, copiers, chairs and phones throughout the day
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected hourly
- If an employee is sick or appears ill, they will be sent home
- Spit shields will be installed in customer-facing work stations
- Educational posters will be hung throughout the dealership to encourage social distancing and good health practices
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the dealership
- We will implement special hours for at-risk individuals to shop safely
- Employees will utilize safety equipment, such as face shields with protective clear film and steering wheel covers
- Disinfectant will be sprayed every two hours using the same product trusted in today’s nursing homes
- Employees will use caution when entering customer vehicles, using plastic mats on seats and disinfecting steering wheels
- Rental vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned with seats and steering wheels disinfected after each use
- Showroom vehicles will be locked and restricted; if they are used, they will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- Areas of the dealership will be closed off to enforce social distancing
- General seating areas will be blocked off to eliminate access
- Vending machine buttons will be disinfected hourly or as necessary
- Starting Thursday, April 2, Progressive Chevrolet will have the service, body shop and parts departments back up and operating
- Sales will be fully staffed and operational starting Monday, April 6
- We will have staff in place to set service and sales appointments starting April 2
Updated Service, Parts and Body Shop Hours
- Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Special hours for at-risk or elderly: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
With online buying tools and vehicle information available on our website, customers can complete the majority of the purchasing process from home. Click the Calculate Your Payment link on vehicle detail pages and spend only a few minutes at the dealership checking out the vehicle and signing forms.
Families rely on their vehicles to get safely to stores and medical appointments. Health care workers need to get reliably to and from their shifts at the hospital. Commercial trucks deliver basic necessities throughout our community each day. It is our responsibility to support these individuals with safe and dependable transportation.
The entire team at Progressive Chevrolet is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation for updates. As always, we will continue to do everything we can to protect you, our loyal customers. If you have any questions, please reach out to talk to a member of our team.
President, Progressive Auto Group
Learn more about the Trump administration’s classification of automotive service providers as essential businesses in an article from the National Automobile Dealers Association.