Head to Head Series: Why the Chevrolet Silverado Beats the Ford F-150
Looking for a new pickup truck? The top two models on the market are the Chevrolet Silverado and the Ford F-150. Here’s why the Silverado is the far better option:
- The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado features an all-new design from bumper to bumper, giving it a more modern look. Compare it to the stale F-150, which has looked about the same for the past five years.
- The new Silverado design features a sleek updated interior with expanded compartments, under-seat storage and by far more rear-seat headroom vs. the F-150.
- The Silverado’s turbocharged 2.7-liter, gas-powered inline-four engine – available in several models at Progressive Chevrolet – is exclusive to the industry. Even with just four cylinders, the Silverado features 348 foot-pounds of torque and 310 horsepower – easily beating the F-150’s standard base V6.
- The impressively engineered cargo boxes allow the Silverado to carry more volume than the F-150. A new manufacturing process allowed the Silverado to gain 6.75 inches in width, more than any competitor.
- The Silverado features a lower seating height than the F-150, making it easier to get in and out and offers a driving experience that’s more like a car.
- A new rear-view camera in the Silverado gives you a great look at the road behind even when hauling a big trailer. That’s still a big blind spot if you’re in the F-150!